“Few lessons we can learn from Jay Clouse about community building from scratch
- Use your initial network. Test the waters with people you know.
- Get feedback. Iterate and improve the experience. Use social proof to sell.
- Know who your people are. What value they expect, what are there aspirations, and how much they can pay for the membership. Make a positive ROI for them.
- Think what worked in offline. Look at communities in your hometown – familiar faces, warm welcoming atmosphere, a safe space to communicate and grow together.
- Value comes from connections between members. This is very different from “building an audience”. It’s not about the founder, it’s about the members.”